Darlington Triathlon Club has moved to a new base at the Darlington Education village, Salter’s Lane, South Darlington, County Durham, DL1 2AN. We meet for swim training at 6.30 pm for the development group and 7.30pm for the more advanced swimmers on Tuesday evenings. Sessions are coached according to ability levels.
Formed in July 2008, the North-East’s newest club is going from strength to strength and currently has a membership base of 80. Very much a development club, Darlington Tri has a strong coaching team and welcomes newcomers to triathlon.
There are additional cycle sessions on Saturday mornings.
At the club’s inaugural, the following committee was elected:
- Honorary President – Georgina Rutherford
- Chairman – Graham Bell
- Secretary – Brian Burdon
- Treasurer – Andrew Collishaw
- Development and Event Officer – Grant McTaggart
- Race Director – Brian Burdon
- Welfare Officer – Karen Hopcraft
- Webmaster – Rich Henderson
- Social Secretary – Michelle McTaggart
- Membership officer – Gareth Richardson
- Additional committee members – Liz Collishaw and Michelle Cockburn.
The club website is at http://www.darlingtontri.com