There are many exiting opportunities for juniors to train with local clubs and to take part in triathlon, duathlon and aquathlon events across the region and beyond. The North East has a regional development squad and regional academy in which is the first step of the performance pathway. Please click here for 2013/2014 information about the squads, qualifing times, athlete progression and concerns procedure. The North East have been crowned the national team champions in 2011 and 2012.
- Cleveland Triathlon Club – Cleveland
- One Life Racing Triathlon Club - Hexham
- Ryton Triathlon Club – Ryton
- Sun City Triathlon Club – Sunderland
- Tyne Tri Club - Newcastle
- Phoenix Tri Club - South Shields
2014 EVENTS are available on the ‘Events’ page
TRIATHLON GRAND PRIX
- The North East Regional series runs throughout the season and consists of British Triathlon sanctioned children’s events. Points are awarded for all competitors with the 1st place receiving most points (100points).
- To qualify for the series points you must complete FOUR events of which TWO MUST BE TRIATHLONS and live in the North East Region or be a member of a North East Triathlon Club.
NORTH EAST TALENT IDENTIFICATION 2013/2014
The region will aim to host at least one talent ID day per season where athletes will be timed in both running and swimming. The squad breakdown, age ranges, standards etc can be seen in the general information link at the top of this page. This will also include details on the talent ID days but in summary the dates for the 2013/2014 season are:
- Academy ID day – Saturday 19th October 2013
- Development Squad ID day – Sunday 3rd November 2013
For further information about the regional development squad or academy please contact: Ian Simon (NE performance coordinator and Development Squad Head Coach) e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- In 2013 Callum Johnson wond the junior national triathlon championships. Fergus Roberts was 3rd in the same race. In the Junior National Championships Jack Willis was 1st and Jordan Hull was second. There were also 4 other athletes from the region who competed across Europe. These atheltes started in the development squad about 6 years ago and have developed into some of the best young triathletes in the country.
- The 2011 Inter Regional Championships were held for the very first time in the North East and once again in 2012. The venue was Hetton Lyons Country Park. This was a fantastic opportunity for the region and it was fantastic to see the regions youngsters getting involved in this fantastic, ever growing sport. Congratulations to Team North East – The 2011 and 2012 Inter Regional Triathlon Champions!